Over Contracted Muscle: Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
Muscles are the engine of our body, they help us move, run, and lift. However, when muscles become overworked or overused, they can become over contracted, causing pain and discomfort.
An over contracted muscle is a muscle that is tight and tense, and fails to relax. This can happen to any muscle in the body, but it commonly affects the neck, shoulders, and back.
Causes of Over Contracted Muscle
There are several causes of over contracted muscle, including:
1. Repetitive Motion: Repetitive motion can put a lot of strain on the muscles, leading to overuse and over contraction.
2. Lack of Stretching: Not stretching before and after exercise can cause tightness in the muscles, leading to over contraction.
3. Poor Posture: Poor posture can put a lot of strain on the muscles, leading to overuse and over contraction.
4. Muscle Imbalance: Muscle imbalance occurs when some muscles are stronger than others, which can cause overuse and over contraction.
Symptoms of Over Contracted Muscle
The symptoms of over contracted muscle include:
1. Pain: Over contracted muscles can cause pain and discomfort that can range from mild to severe.
2. Stiffness: Over contracted muscles can become stiff, making it difficult to move.
3. Limited Range of Motion: Over contracted muscles can limit your range of motion, making it difficult to perform normal daily activities.
4. Muscle Spasms: Over contracted muscles can cause muscle spasms, which can be painful and uncomfortable.
Treatments for Over Contracted Muscle
There are several treatments for over contracted muscle, including:
1. Rest: Rest is one of the best ways to treat over contracted muscles. By giving the muscle time to heal, it can relax and return to its normal state.
2. Stretching: Stretching can help loosen tight muscles and improve range of motion.
3. Massage: Massage can help release tension in the muscles and promote relaxation.
4. Physical Therapy: Physical therapy can help improve muscle strength and flexibility.
5. Medication: Over-the-counter pain medication can help alleviate pain associated with over contracted muscles.
Over contracted muscles can be painful and uncomfortable, but they can be treated through rest, stretching, massage, physical therapy, and medication. It is important to identify the causes of over contracted muscles and take steps to prevent them from occurring. With treatment, over contracted muscles can be relieved, allowing you to resume normal activities without pain or discomfort.
- Posted by adriel
- On April 18, 2022